Apply for the 30 under 30 training scheme
Apply to 30 Under 30
Applications for the 2018 cohort of 30 under 30 are now closed.
30 under 30 aims to offer young people in the Green Party one year of training, mentoring and other assistance needed to increase engagement and knowledge within the Party and the wider political world. Our aim is for participants to emerge with the rounded base of skills and experience that would allow them to become the next generation of MPs, MEPs, Councillors, Assembly Members and top-level party officials.
What the scheme offers
- 5 weekends with training, insider information, tours, networking and career advice
- A trip to the European Parliament in Brussels
- A training programme consisting of policy, campaigns, media & press, public speaking & debating
- A mentoring programme, with individuals assigned to the person most closely suiting their political ambitions
- Financial support for members to attend and get involved through an access fund system
- A chance for members to raise their profile and get involved in the party democracy
What we look for in 30 under 30 members
- Aged 16-29 and a member of the Green Party of England and Wales
- Demonstrable commitment to the Green Party and its aims
- An interest in working with the Green Party, either internally or by becoming an elected member
- Some experience in politics or campaigning
- Willingness and commitment to learn new skills, contribute to Green Party campaigning, attend training weekends.
For more information please read our introductory guide and guidance notes.
We suggest a word count of 200-300 words for the application questions.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 12th January 2018. We will not consider applications after this time.
If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Graham & Ben Parker, Young Greens Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org